Festool 571782 Rotex RO 125 FEQ Multi-Mode Sander
• FastFix Soft Sander Backing Pad, D125
• Festool PROTECTOR
• in SYSTAINER SYS 2 T-LOC
Original, versatile, and easy to maneuver.
This sander gives you everything Rotex has to offer in a smaller, lighter package. The RO 125 puts 500 watts of power, dual-mode sanding, and triple-function performance into a comfortable, 4.4 pounds. This 5” sander does it all; coarse sanding, fine sanding, and polishing. It is perfect for woodworkers, painters, solid surface fabricators, and anyone who needs to tackle a range of sanding tasks over the course of a day. The RO 125 incorporates near-total dust extraction, exceptional ergonomics, and many advanced features. This is a small sander that is perfect for big jobs.Features:
• Dual-Mode Sanding with a gear-driven, aggressive mode for rapid stock removal or polishing and random orbital mode for fine sanding.
• Jetstream dust extraction design delivers highly efficient dust removal, resulting in cleaner air, better finishes, & longer abrasive & pad life.
• FastFix tool-free backing pad changing system allows the sander to adapt to different surfaces and tasks with appropriate pads.
• Compact Size with a compact form and a 6" pad, the RO 150 delivers performance to even the tightest of places.
|ROTEX rotary motion speed||300 - 600 RPM|
|Eccentric motion speed||3000 - 6000 RPM|
|Weight||4.19 lbs (1.9 kg)|
|Sanding stroke||9/64” (3.6 mm)|
|Dust extraction port||1-1/16” (27 mm)|
|Power consumption||500 watt|
|FastFix sanding pad size||5” (125 mm)|
RatingLives up to its reputationI researched and read a lot of reviews about the Festool Rotex 125, and I have to say that it has lived up to its reputation. It removes stock and old finishes faster than the other sanders that I have used. It costs more than most, but it is worth it. It is constructed very well and the dust extraction system is excellent.
RatingGreat sanderThis is a great sander. The quality, fit/finish is outstanding. It is a little hard to control in the rotary mode due to the high power, so be sure to try it first on some scrap until you get the feel of it. I use the rotary mode for rough sanding, and it does a quick and smoother job. I switch to eccentric mode for fine sanding, or I switch to my Festool ETS 125 which is lighter and easier to hold. The nice thing is that they both use the same sanding disks.