OneWay Stronghold Chuck System - Bushing Adaptor Included
This heavy duty chuck is designed for large lathes (16" swing or greater) to provide maximum gripping power!
The body diameter of this chuck is 4½" (the largest currently available in our chuck family).
The chuck weighs approximately 8 lbs (fully assembled with the No. 2 Jaws). It is considerably heavier than the Talon Chuck (3.5 lbs) or Oneway Chuck (4.5 lbs) which makes it a very desirable chuck for large size lathe owners who want an exceptionally powerful grip for turning larger pieces.
The Stronghold Chuck is operated by a key. Key operation provides two major advantages:
• One handed operation
• Solid holding power
• 5 to 1 ratio assures powerful clamping
Note: If your lathe is less than a 16" swing, we recommend our Talon Chuck.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Single-Hand Key Operation
• Our Patented Over-Extension Safety System
• 4-Jaw Scroll Chuck
• Rugged Base Jaw Design
A wide range of accessory jaws are available for this chuck to cover all your turning requirements.
The following Jaw sets are available for this chuck:
• Spigot Jaws - smaller turnings
• #3 and #4 Jaws - turning large bowls, vases etc
• Jumbo Jaws - finishing the bottom of bowls, or holding odd shaped peices
• Flat Jaws - make custom jaws and attach them to these plates
• Collett Jaws - used to hold a large variety of round stock
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with standard #2 Jaws:
External Compression (min-max)
1-3/4" - 3-1/4"
Internal Expansion (min-max)
2-3/8" - 4"
Stronghold Chuck jaws are NOT compatible with either the original ONEWAY Chuck OR the Talon Chuck.
This chuck can fit spindles as large as 1-1/2" diameter with our adaptor system.